Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: How to let go and move on after a casual hook up (on his side)  (Read 798 times)

Offline Alice

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 54
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Re: How to let go and move on after a casual hook up (on his side)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 11:55:37 PM »
A little update again and hope you could give me some advice of what to do next.

So after that we started seeing each other again and went on a date. Thing was getting better until I slept with him again and he asked me what I thought about being friends with benefits.. I said it's not my thing and I asked if he wants that kind of relationship, he refused.

However, a few days afterwards he posted a picture of him and his ex getting back together. I stopped contacting him right away but now he keeps texting me but I haven't responded yet.

I want a relationship and I do like this guy but I don't want to be in this situation where he isn't over with his ex and has plenty of other girls that he dates.
Should I ignore him completely and move on with my life?

Offline adhiyes

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
A little update again and hope you could give me some advice of what to do next.

So after that we started seeing each other again and went on a date. Thing was getting better until I slept with him again and he asked me what I thought about being friends with benefits.. I said it's not my thing and I asked if he wants that kind of relationship, he refused.

However, a few days afterwards he posted a picture of him and his ex getting back together. I stopped contacting him right away but now he keeps texting me but I haven't responded yet.

I want a relationship and I do like this guy but I don't want to be in this situation where he isn't over with his ex and has plenty of other girls that he dates.

Do you feel ok to move on and stop all sorts of contact with him ? If yes, then I think you should do just that.
Or
You could still be in touch but stop casual hookups with him completely. Its important to observe how he makes you feel when he is with you. If its not pleasant then again stop and move on. If its pleasant, give it sometime...

Offline TheLittleBat

• The Forum Brat.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 291
  • -Receive: 387
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 06:17:54 PM »

Um. Stop having sex with him???? Seriously. You guys put yourselves
into these painful situations and then come back asking for advice.
You wanted to move on then went back and did the same thing.
LOA doesn’t bypass common sense, you know.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline siamesegirl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1052
  • -Receive: 1071
  • We are Siamese, if you please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

Um. Stop having sex with him???? Seriously. You guys put yourselves
into these painful situations and then come back asking for advice.
You wanted to move on then went back and did the same thing.
LOA doesn’t bypass common sense, you know.

I thought of replying the same way particularly as the OP had stated quite categorically she wasn't going to do that.

Offline Alice

• Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »
Hi TheLittleBat and siamesegirl,

Yes I know that was my intention and I thought it was different  when we started seeing each other again. I should have known better to stop seeing him completely  and move on with my life but I do have feelings for this guy but just not this kind of relationship that I want.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Tags: