Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse

Author Topic: Debug my LOA!  (Read 399 times)

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 5
  • Now I am Power Attractor! WOW
    • View Profile
Debug my LOA!
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »
Hi all, my first post in this forum :)
    I am feeling rather confused with all the LOA teachings out there, and in my quest to become a consistent, and proficient manifestor - not because of my attachment to any desires, but purely so I can feel accomplished at LOA and stop oscillating in my LOA faith. Currently, one day I might swear on my life that LOA works, and the next I am so confused, and I need this cycle gone. I'll start with two doubts, and then an example scenario where my LOA didn't work (possibly because of these doubts), complete with an inside look at my thoughts at the time, and hopefully someone here can clarify my doubts and debug my LOA/tell me what I should have done in the example scenario.

Doubt 1: I read Abraham Hicks Ask & It is Given (3/4th of it). It says that meditation is the absence of thought and hence the absense of resistance. Also the universe is just waiting for you to remove the resistance so it can give you what you want. Then, should it not mean meditation = instant manifestation? But that doesn't happen. Why?

Doubt 2: To expect or not to expect? Abraham Hicks advocates on building up your desire by keeping on adding to it until it is a rocket you can shoot off, and to have positive expectation. Others say expectation attracts more of just expecting and not having. Recent Abe videos also advocate letting go, if thinking about your desire doesn't make you feel good, but still seem to advocate positive expectation. My personal experience is expectation doesn't work. But which is it?

Example scenario :
============

My vibration : I was as much in alignment as possible for 2-3 days after watching a video on LOA. It said

"Everything imagined exists in the infinite universal consciousness.
 Everything you imagine is a possibility.
 Your belief in it makes it a probability.
Your gratitude for already having it, makes it a reality."

It seemed so simple, and in sync with the Christian teachings I heard all my life. It seemed so easy, I felt so blissfull and grateful for everything I had and couldn't contain my excitement for all the possibilities that existed for all the things I could create. I was singing and dancing with happiness, sometimes almost feeling like crying for joy.

My desire : So I was going to a shopping centre with my parents after church for our weekly shopping. We will have a jubilee celebration next week and I think, wouldn't it be nice to have a new outfit for it? I had, sometime back, designed a certain outfit in my mind and now start daydreaming exactly how it'd look and feel. I add extra details to it, and see myself wearing it and feeling really good and beautiful in it, and notice how it complements my complexion etc. I feel confident and grateful it has already manifested into reality, and will come to me soon. I also remembered as a little girl when we went to look for new bed-sheets, and mother asked what kind I want and I said I wanted a rose-patterned one. I visualised one, and just knew I'd find one like that, and when we went to the shop I found one exactly like that. This memory gave me more confidence. In the present, as I reached the shop, my heart started beating with excitement

My line of thought when I entered the shopping centre: Should I let go now? But that video said just feel gratitude, not let go? And Abe said positive expectation is good. But most success stories involve letting go. So I guess it is ok if I don't find the outfit here today, the universe can get it to me in so many other ways. But some say be specific, and being general can delay that? But some also say being general removes resistance?
Anyway, do I go to the clothing section at all? Would that be not letting go? But if I don't, would that be not acting as if? I don't know, I need hairbands anyway near the clothing section, so might as well check for the outfit. Guess I messed up my manifestation with all this doubting. No, you still know the outfit is yours, so you'll get it anyway.

What happened: As I reached the clothing section, I had great excitement and positive expectation - "Is it here that the universe will get me my outfit!? Won't it be so cool if I get it straight away??". However when I checked, there was nothing like what I had in mind, and I spiralled into frustration about too many different LOA teachings, but still had faith I will get my outfit on time for next week.
----------------------------------------------------------
So my fellow magical LOA beings, debug away! :)

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Debug my LOA!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:53:33 AM »
Answer to Doubt 2:
   I watched some Abe videos on expectation and realise mine and their ideas of expectation were completely different. I was thinking more along the lines of heart-beating, excited anticipation of something about to happen, while they were talking about basically the calm and simple believing something would happen (Desire + Belief = Expectation). What I am saying is, I had the completely wrong idea.
   I don't want to explain and make it more confusing, so here's the name of the video that helped me: 'Abraham Hicks - Expectation is the name of the game'.

Offline DreamsWarp

• Growing
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 22
  • LoA practitioner, Zen Buddhist, Psychotherapist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »
I believe I can "debug" your LoA...lol.  sort of.  Let's say I can show you exactly why your questions / doubts exist. As for fixing them? that's a bit more tricky.  I gotta be honest though, it's WAY too much to write. I have a YouTube vid that covers it ALL. If you're feeling open-minded and really want to know, watch these:

https://youtu.be/5r6-EA6u-zA - "why LoA SEEMS to fail for some."

https://youtu.be/hFwndi2dj6c - "Paradoxes in LoA."

https://youtu.be/jVIBgrOXfVw - "LoA and the Art of Letting go."

There's more on the channel but I'm pretty sure these will answer your questions / doubts. Keep in mind that these come from a practitioner of LoA, who is also a psychotherapist, and a Zen Buddhist. So, some of the stuff may sound a little outside of LoA. But it very specifically addresses your concerns.  Best wishes!

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
Hey, thank you for reading my long post and your reply/links. Will go through them today (or tomorrow) if possible and will let you know what I think :)

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline DreamsWarp

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »
Absolutely no problem. Your concerns are ones that I myself have had. So, I can really relate! Best wishes to you!

Offline Erana

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »
Hi. I went through your videos yesterday, but in a rush as I had to go somewhere. Not sure it answered all of my doubts, especially since I don't even know what some of them are right now. However it did help calm me down, since I got some pretty bad news yesterday regarding a major problem in my life I have been trying to resolve using LOA. I am able to leave it to the universe/God etc instead of panicking over it.
      I like that your videos are more analysing in nature, which is helpful to confused newbies such as myself, so going to go through your previous videos as well.

Offline DreamsWarp

• Growing
  • Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »
Erana, this is great to hear. Thanks for being open minded enough to check them out. There is one on law of attraction and tragedy that might be helpful. There's another on using LoA when you're not feeling well. Dont know if your saw these already but they may be helpful. Again, best wishes!

Offline AngelusofftheSea

• The Forum Angel
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 557
  • -Receive: 526
  • Magnum opus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »
Erana,

When you have a simple request and release it to the universe without even thinking about it again, something can be instant. I manifested a pallet instantly, seriously like out of thin air. I wanted it, needed it, but truly it was simple I could live with or without thought nothing more.

Situation like your outfit. I had the same vision. Went to two stores and didn't have. Third store I had never been two, seem to beckon me, it was not in the original shopping center. Almost didn't go to it. Went there, and first rack I checked my exact dress. Exact price I wanted and needed it for that night. They even had the shoes I wanted. The dress was over 4000 designer dress, was at a consignment for much less. NO one had a dress like mine that night, but many had copies of each others. I refuse to be a copy, so I forged on. Had I gave up, chose not to continue on with leadings I would never have got my exact dress. Three weeks later went to go back to the lovely boutique and it was gone, closed down.

Sometimes we need to be more precise or even make sure we are seeing accurate. I visoned how I would meet a man I feel in love with down to detail. I was sent to his city for work, my hotel right next to his condo, never knew this until I got there. Saw he would see my long hair on the balcony and we would recognize each other. Problem he was out of town that weekend all was last minute. A man recognized me on the balcony and fell in love with my long hair. Just not him. I needed to fine tune better.

* Disclaimer

All information on the forum are members personal tips, suggestions, advise and experiences, forum administrator or Moderators can not be held liable for any damage/misuse arising from the information/education shared the forum. You take your own necessary responsibility for your own actions.

Note: The Profile Deletion with posts more than 10 can not be done. It will not only Derank the forum on Search Engine (As those indexed posts will show 404 Error as - Page not Found) Moreover it will delete the associated posts of other users as well who replied on that Profile posts. It effects the whole Structure of the Forum.

* Only for Sensible Talk!

Refresh History
  • Just For Saying HI...
  • Magneta007: if hilary
    Today at 12:54:05 AM
  • Magneta007: Gosh ifilary won...she cant even control her own husbands pants and she trying to control a whole country...
    Today at 12:53:54 AM
  • Magneta007: He been doing way better then Obama...the currency is kicking ass in USA
    Today at 12:30:38 AM
  • Magneta007: TRUMP 2020
    Today at 12:30:20 AM
  • Magneta007: What am I kicked out the group or anyone else home?!? Hi Happy Friday!
    September 21, 2018, 03:45:02 AM
  • Magneta007: nevermind, that sounds gay saying that.
    September 15, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
  • Magneta007: hi extraordinary man
    September 15, 2018, 09:29:33 PM
  • ordinary man: hi
    September 15, 2018, 09:07:01 PM
  • Hannahfierce8: It’s saturday here :)
    September 15, 2018, 06:19:48 PM
  • siamesegirl: Well it's not really but it is, the way many people pronounce it.
    September 15, 2018, 01:46:12 PM
  • siamesegirl: No, it's the D in Wednesday that is silent!
    September 15, 2018, 01:45:35 PM
  • Magneta007: wednesday" I always spell that wrong, just dont hear the N  when you pronounce it
    September 15, 2018, 07:29:15 AM
  • Magneta007: uhh its wedsday/hump day where I live at, what day is it for you guys?!?
    September 15, 2018, 07:28:10 AM
  • Magneta007: 8)
    September 15, 2018, 04:35:22 AM
  • Magneta007: I am blessed!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg
    September 14, 2018, 07:01:19 AM
  • Magneta007: WHy Siames, I thought cats would LOVE simba, he is the hottest Cat after all back when I was a kid.
    September 13, 2018, 10:45:36 PM
  • Magneta007: Sure Hanna send you lots of LOVE...here feal LOVE coming into your Heart chakra, feel it from the Universe, its better then any love I could send(just a hunch, Universe whispers to your ear once you are connected for so long)
    September 13, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
  • Hannahfierce8: If someone could send positive vibes it would be appreciated
    September 12, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
  • siamesegirl: I can't get sexy about Simba.
    September 12, 2018, 05:03:27 PM
  • Magneta007: Hi there!!! Good music to get some sexy time going on....the Lion key: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QyCxVkXwQ&index=21&list=PLHug7KxqJrcHZ9_7dBUskq0WCTh0t4ErQ
    September 12, 2018, 02:36:27 PM
  • Nluvss: HELLO
    September 11, 2018, 12:49:34 PM
  • AngelusofftheSea: *Sorry Bengal
    September 11, 2018, 12:29:18 AM
  • AngelusofftheSea: Hi ordinary man welcome. Starlight125 thanks for the link before, it was great. ICan'ttakeit, I have a Begnal and a Turkish Van with the thumbprint of God.
    September 11, 2018, 12:28:45 AM
  • ordinary man: hi
    September 10, 2018, 08:56:16 PM
  • ordinary man: hello friends
    September 10, 2018, 08:55:30 PM
  • Ankur Sancheti: starseedmagick - This account is Deleted.
    September 10, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
  • ImaginationisKing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W29xpRD0BwE
    September 10, 2018, 12:03:52 PM
  • TheLittleBat: LOL. True!!
    September 09, 2018, 05:25:14 PM
  • siamesegirl: Ha ha! We all know it's a 12 year old ogling posters of Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes in their bedroom, writing their names on their school books and daydreaming about them
    September 09, 2018, 04:41:36 PM
  • TheLittleBat: Don’t feed the trolls lol
    September 09, 2018, 01:18:07 AM

Registration

Facebook Comments

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal