One of the biggest difficulties I've run into while working with the LoA to deliberately create, is the seemingly contradictory instructions. My favorite book "Think and Grow Rich" talks about having a "burning desire", almost to the point of obsession. Along this vein others talk about intensity and frequency of your vibration being the most important thing to getting what you want... in the words of Earl Nightingale "you get what you think about most of the time." In other words, you have to frequently think about having (right now) what you want.
Contrast this with other books and advice that talk about simply setting your intention, then letting go and letting the universe take care of it.
I do not think these two methods of manifestation can co-exist.
So what is the correct method? Here is what I have come to think:
- In order to manifest (particularly larger manifestations), we must have a strong desire for whatever it is we are trying to manifest
- Because we have this strong desire, it will be nearly impossible to not think about it frequently (otherwise it wouldn't be a burning desire), and this is a good thing
- Our thoughts about what we are desiring must be positive... and even more importantly, we must feel good (or great, or better than great) while thinking about them
- You must truly believe that you already have it, it just hasn't shown up yet. It's more than a positive expectation, it's a knowing anticipation (along the lines of the days leading up to your wedding... marriage is imminent, you basically are married, following the vows your life will be very similar to before, BUT you aren't technically married yet)
- If you can't bring yourself to really believe it, you may need to start manifesting smaller things, otherwise any road bump can lead to an overwhelming siege of fear, doubt, worry and frustration, moving you away from your goal... not towards it.
As for the letting go part...... I don't think it is exactly what we want to do. I do think we need to let go of the fears, doubts and other negative feelings we have surrounding manifesting our desire. We need to feel good no matter what, and if we are needy and desperate for something, our current position of not physically having it makes us feel bad. We attract based on vibration, not necessarily on 100% matching thoughts, so feeling bad can cause poor health, accidents, or other "bad luck", not to mention keep us from obtaining our desire.
I think that almost everyone here has a burning desire for something (on this forum, seemingly mostly for a specific person), and as I mentioned, this is a not a bad thing. Yet I think that most of us still deep down hold negative feelings regarding a break up, or the way we've been treated, and that leaks into our vibrational transmission, and keeps our lover (or job, or money or whatever else you desire) away from us.
I believe the success stories we read on here about those that have given up or let go and only then, finally manifest what they were so desperately trying for (and Yoda correctly states "there is no try"), is the result of their burning desire (aka their wish to the universe) finally being allowed to flow into their lives without resistance caused by negative emotion being there to block it.
So, to me, letting go is actually about REALLY BELIEVING, having faith and feeling good when thinking about what you want, thus adding power. It's not stopping thinking about it. If you cannot bring yourself to total belief and faith, you are likely pushing your desire away, and should maybe stop with trying to manifest that desire until you have become better at the process of it.... but make no mistake, IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!
I would love to hear the other forum members opinion on this, because I think it is finally starting to make sense to me
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!
You just reminded me of what i need to remember and what i need to do..with all the stuff going on i my Life, all the MAJOR changes i forgot that i need to actually LIVE LIFE and that my Intentions are already out there for God/Universe..its already set and now i just need to find joy --not sadness or despair-- in the things i desire, the things I KNOW are coming my way